How much space do I need to set up the sleepover tents?
The overall width of the tent, mattress and breakfast tray is approximately 100 cm wide x 2.4m long. If there is limited space, we sit the breakfast trays on the ends of the mattresses and/or length ways in between the tents. The tents are generally set up next to each other and/or opposite depending on the space available.
View our Gallery here to see what different set up combinations look like.
If you are unsure if you have enough room, don’t hesitate to give us a call and/or send some photos/measurements of the room you intend on hosting the slumber party in. You also need to remember that if you intend on setting up the tents facing one another, there needs to be room in the middle of the room for the guests to access their tents.
How much space do I need for the Boho Soiree theme featuring the lace teepee and bedding only?
Each bed measures 185-191cm in length and the optimum space for the teepee set up is a space of approximately 2 metres x 2 metres. With the breakfast trays out the front of the beds a total length of up to 2.4m should be allowed. If there is limited space, we sit the breakfast trays on the ends of the mattresses and/or length ways in between the beds.
What packages and themes are available?
We have a wide range of Packages, Add On Packs and Themes available. You can view our :
When should I request a booking for my slumber party?
You’re best to book in as soon as you have settled on a date. This ensures you secure your preferred theme and party date. Payment of a 50% deposit secures your preferred party date and theme. Final numbers can be confirmed closer to the slumber party date but we ask when booking that your numbers are as accurate as possible.
Do I need to wash the bed linen before it is collected?
No – SleepoversRus will undertake all laundering of linen after it is collected/returned.
Is the linen washed after every use?
Absolutely! SleepoversRus founders, Melanie Freeman and Caroline Streeter use the ‘Method’ Fresh Air range of laundry detergents and clients regularly comment on the cleanliness and freshness of the linens used. The Method company states that happy, healthy homes are their mission and that Method products eliminate dirt from naturally derived ingredients which are safe for your family. All SleepoversRus licensees are encouraged to use the Method range of laundry detergents – rest assured, however, that any products used are deemed to be hypo allergenic. To read more about the Method range of products – follow the link to http://methodhome.com.au/
Are pillows provided?
No – children need to bring their own pillows.
Is this party service available Australia wide?
SleepoversRus is currently available on the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne. Hobart and surrounding suburbs will be serviced from May 2018! We are planning to expand to other states in the very near future.
How much is a base camp party package?
Our standard base camp party package includes 5 x sleepover tents, mattresses, quilts & covers, sheets, breakfast tray and a dental kit and sleep mask for each guest. Prices start at $250. Additional tents may be added to your package from $40 per tent.
We also offer Premium themes which incorporate premium tent fabrics, additional feature lighting and/or tent accessories eg Donut Disturb tent signs and pom pom garlands. Our Premium theme packages start at $290 for 5 tents and additional tents can be added for $50 per tent.
Do you provide complimentary gifts?
Yes, we provide a number of complimentary gifts exclusively designed and created by us. Every slumber party guest will receive a complimentary dental kit and sleep mask to take home. Guests sleeping in ‘premium’ slumber party packages will also receive a Donut Disturb tent sign, along with their dental kit and sleep mask.
We also provide a special gift for the Guest of Honour – the SleepoversRus ‘Dream Jar’. Did you know that you are 42% more likely to achieve your goals and dreams simply by writing them down? Not only will the Guest of Honour have a sleepover to remember but also a ‘SleepoversRus Dream Jar’. The jar includes “Dream cards” to write your hopes & dreams on and a gorgeous gold leaf trinket all in a plastic mason jar. It could be used to keep treasured items or even as a money box to save towards making dreams come true. So many uses…..
Is delivery and set up included in the base camp package?
No. For an additional fee you can opt for the Dream Team Full Service whereby we will deliver, set up, style and return the following day for pack down and pick up. The fee for this service starts at $100.00 (subject to party location and guest numbers). We generally allow 1.5 hours for party set ups and up to an hour for pack downs (based on 5 tents).
Whilst we are able to service many suburbs, customers should be aware that there may be additional charges for travel/tolls and/or if the party is extra large in size as more time on site is required for set up and pack down. If you’d like to save on delivery and set up fees, why not take a look at our DIY option, as outlined below.
What is the DIY option and where are the pick up locations?
The DIY option requires you to collect and return the slumber party packages to SleepoversRus representatives (at various locations), set up and pack down the party yourself at no charge, just the standard hire fees. The packages available in your area are shown under the individual Territory listings.
Please note that the packages will need to be picked up and returned to the following locations:
- Gold Coast & Brisbane bookings – pick up from Arundel on the Gold Coast, QLD (Melanie Freeman – SleepoversRus Pty Ltd Co-Director)
- Adelaide bookings – pick up from Surrey Downs, SA (Jill Staltari)
- Melbourne East bookings – pick up from Croydon Hills, VIC (Kim Aborowa)
- Frankston Peninsula bookings – pick up from Dromana, VIC (Kathy Shield)
- All other Melbourne bookings – pick up from Greensborough, VIC (Caroline Streeter – SleepoversRus Pty Ltd Co-Director)
- Hobart & surrounding suburbs – AVAILABLE FROM MAY 2018 – pick up from Lenah Valley, TAS (Megan Dance)
Your SleepoversRus representative will confirm the pick up address upon confirmation of your booking. A bond is required for DIY set ups and not all themes (and elements) are available for DIY set ups eg Unicorn Dreaming and the fabric strip lit bunting as used in the Secret Garden due to the delicate nature of the fabrics used. Flag bunting will be provided for all DIY set ups of the Secret Garden theme (not the butterfly adorned fabric strip lit bunting).
Do I need to pay a bond?
We do not require a bond for party packages set up, styled and packed down by the SleepoversRus ‘Dream Team’. However, we do require payment of a bond for DIY set ups. The amount of the bond is dependent on the theme and the number of tents to be hired. Generally the bond is $100 for a DIY package of up to 7 tents. A higher bond may be requested for larger sized parties as more equipment is supplied. For security purposes we also request a copy of your Drivers’ Licence if you’re undertaking the DIY option.
How many children are catered for in the Base Camp Package?
Can I add on additional sleepover tents if I want to cater for more than 5 children?
Absolutely, just add additional tents under the ‘Delivery, Set Up and Extra Tents’ section in the theme listing.
Do you cater for less than 5 children?
We can, however, the minimum Base Camp Package price applies.
Do you require a deposit?
Yes – a 50% deposit is required upon booking. Payment of the deposit secures your party date and preferred theme.
When is drop off and set up?
Delivery and set up will be completed no later than 1 hour prior to commencement of the party. Collection will be completed no later than 5pm on the agreed collection date (usually the day after the party).
How do I pay for the sleepover party hire package?
Payment of the required 50% deposit and/or party balance can be made via direct bank deposit or Visa / Mastercard via PayPal. PayPal payments incur a $15 admin/PayPal fee. Transfer via EFT is our preferred method of payment.
How do I book a sleepover party hire package?
You can make your selections online and click on the Submit Booking Request button or you can call us 0497 110 570.
Are there any other rules I should be aware of?
We have recently had a number of incidents with glow stick fluid leakages and slime damaging linen. Please ensure that glow sticks are not hung from the tent frames and, if broken, are removed from the tent area immediately. Please do not allow the children to make and/or play with slime in and around the tents and fabrics. You will also thank us as you don’t want glow stick fluid or slime ruining your carpets!
Crafting activities such as DIY Dreamcatcher Kits can be undertaken in and around the tent area without any problems. However, any other crafting activities eg pillowcase decorating or pampering activities such as facials and nail polishing need to be undertaken well away from the tent area. Children’s fingernails and toes also need to checked for dryness before re-entering the tent area. Nail polish and fabrics simply don’t mix. If we are unable to remove nail polish, slime and/or the glow sticks have leaked and stained the covers, these covers will need to be replaced and you will be responsible for any replacement costs. Thank you for your understanding
Can the children eat in their tents?
Absolutely, however, we just ask that you be mindful that they are eating and drinking items which will not stain the tents and linens should there be accidental spillages. We provide the breakfast trays so that the children can eat their breakfast and also a place to rest their water and midnight snack and/or popcorn and the like for movie watching.
What additional policies and terms should I be aware of?
Upon receipt of your Booking Request we’ll contact you to obtain any further information required to complete a Hire & Purchase Agreement. We’ll then send you the Hire & Purchase Agreement for review and upon signing this document you will be required to pay the deposit.
Terms & Conditions for any SleepoversRus Social Media Competitions
SleepoversRus Hobart & Surrounds FREE Launch Party Giveaway – Facebook – Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promotional period is 23 February 2018 to 25 March 2018.
- The competition is open to residents of Tasmania, Australia.
- SleepoversRus Hobart & Surrounds is giving away 1 FREE Unicorn Dreamland slumber party for 5 guests and 1 FREE Chopper Squad slumber party for 5 guests.
- Slumber Party MUST be held on Saturday, 14 April 2018 – the official launch date of SleepoversRus Hobart & Surrounds
- Each slumber party will accommodate 5 guests in total
- For a valid entry, Facebook users will be required to:
- LIKE the page of SleepoversRus Hobart & Surrounds;
- LIKE and SHARE the promotional post;
- COMMENT on the promotional post with the party location suburb, the name and age of the guest of honour;
- If all above tasks are completed prior to the closing date of 25 March 2018 Facebook users are automatically entered into the draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- There is one entry per person.
- The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 25 March 2018
- Two winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on 26 March 2018 and an announcement will be made on the promotional image on Facebook.
- SleepoversRus accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- The 2 winners will be announced on the promotional image on Facebook. The winners will then provide SleepoversRus with full address details and sign a Hire & Purchase Agreement (required for insurance purposes) to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours of being notified by SleepoversRus, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and SleepoversRus shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 24 hours or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and SleepoversRus shall be entitled to select another winner.
- SleepoversRus Pty Ltd and SleepoversRus Hobart & Surrounds will attend the winner’s home on Saturday, 14 April 2018 (at a time to be confirmed) to set up a slumber party for 5 children.
- SleepoversRus Pty Ltd and SleepoversRus Hobart & Surrounds will return to the premises on Sunday, 15 April 2018 to pack down and pick up the slumber party package (from 10.00am, time to be confirmed)
- The prize of the FREE slumber party is for the HIRE only of the slumber party package
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Unicorn Dreamland slumber package is valued at $390.00. Chopper Squad slumber package is valued at $350.00.
- SleepoversRus retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- Promoter: SleepoversRus Pty Ltd and SleepoversRus Hobart & Surrounds – www.sleepoversRus.com.au